Beautiful world, where are you / Sally Rooney
In one of your emails a couple of months ago you wrote that Aidan and I had never been very happy together. That's not exactly true - we were in the beginning, for a while - but I know what you meant. And I do wonder why I've spent all this time feeling depressed about the end of something that wasn't working anyway. I suppose on one level it's just worse to get to the age of thirty without even one really happy rela tionship behind me. I think I would feel superficially sadder, but less fundamentally broken as a person, if I could just be sad about one break-up, rather than sad about my lifelong inability to sustain a meaningful relationship. But on the oth er hand, maybe it's something else. All those times I thought about breaking up with Aidan, and even talked about doing it. p.211
Comentarios